Paul exhorted both Timothy and Titus to know sound doctrine, because, he said, there would be a time when the people would not endure sound doctrine, but in order to fulfill their own lusts would heap to themselves teachers that would justify those lusts, (2 Tim 4:3). But, what is sound doctrine? Jesus said, his doctrine was not his own but was “his that sent me”, (Jn 7:16). Jesus’ doctrine then, was his Father’s doctrine. So, obviously, if we know the doctrines that Jesus taught then we know the true, sound doctrines of God. The early church remained stedfastly in the Apostle”s doctrine, (Acts 2:42), which the Apostles learned from Jesus. How did Jesus know he had his Father’s doctrine? How does God reveal his doctrine to his people? Paul told Timothy, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” (2 Tim 3:16) Sound doctrine’s foundation then, is the truth of God’s scripture.
LIGHT AND DARKNESS
If God says something is wrong to do, then no amount of excuses can change unrighteousness into righteousness. His word is forever settled in the heavens, (Ps 119:89). His word cannot be changed to fit our wants. Christianity and unrighteousness don’t mix. They are opposites. Light and darkness. The tree is either good or evil. An evil tree CANNOT bring forth good fruit, (Mt 7:17). And, thanks be to God, a good tree CANNOT bring forth evil fruit. [see FRUIT OF GOD’S TREES, June ’09, posted on this blog] Jesus is saying that a Christian doesn’t sin and this is a strong, hard to receive doctrine to most people. Most are offended by it because they are exposed as lost sinners and hypocrits, others, as Christians, find it hard to accept because it’s opposite of what they learned in church. They learned that all Christians are sinners but this is directly contrary to the scriptures and denies the sacrifice for sin, once and for all, by my Lord Jesus. This erroneous church doctrine is contrary to what is said by both Jesus and the Apostles. Peter, an Apostle, says that Jesus left us, “…an example, that we should follow his steps: who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth.” (1 Pet 2:21,22).
Some teach (or preach) that a Christian sins because it gives that person an excuse for their own sinful life or so those he is speaking to won’t be offended. Others just don’t know what sin really is. Again, John, an Apostle, says in 1 John 3:9, “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he born of God.” And again in 5:18, “We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not…”
Some would teach that the flesh sins but the spirit doesn’t. Paul, an Apostle, says that the , “…carnal mind is at enmity with God.” and, “…They that are in the flesh cannot please God”, and, “…if you live after the flesh, ye shall die” (Rom 8 5-13). [see HOW TO PLEASE GOD, Feb ’09, posted on this blog] These words of Jesus, Peter, John and Paul should be enough to say that it is false to say that a Christian sins, although much more could be added.
The point being, that some propagate false doctrine because that’s the way they were taught and haven’t studied the scripture to prove their doctrine, but others know the truth but for money, popularity or fame, deliberately deceive with their false doctrine. Others, recieve false doctrine to excuse their own lives and want to be deceived.
The small book of Jude speaks of men that would decieve God’s people. Jude says in verse 4, “For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ,” [see CERTAIN MEN CREPT IN UNAWARES, Feb ’09 post on this blog] It’s good to read the whole book, especially verses 8-19 and see that God is vehemently against these false teachers. Peter also warns us of these ungodly men in our midst in the second chapter of 2 Peter. Paul admonishes Timothy in the book of 2 Timothy. Especially note chapter 3 where paul speaks of those, “Having a form of godliness, but denying the power therof: from such turn away.”
SOME TRUE,SOME FALSE DOCTRINES
Here ar some scriptural based doctrines and their counterpart that are taught either through lack of knowledge and ignorance or on purpose.
1. First, the greatest commandment by Jesus’ own words, “Hear O Israel: the Lord your God is one Lord” (Mt 12:29). There is only one God. There is no scriptural proof of the doctrine of the Trinity which was started by the pagan Constantine in 325 AD. [see GOD’S FIRST CREATION, May ’09, posted on this blog]
2. In Jesus’ prayer after the Passover supper he prayed for his disciples in John 17:15, “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.” And Proverbs 10:30, “The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.” Jesus did not, and does not, want his disciples to have to leave this world to be fulfilled in him. God did not make this world to give it over to the devil and his peoople. The righteous shall never be removed.
The “rapture theory”, to escape the tribulation periiod, was not taught in the early church nor was it taught by the leaders of the Reformation (Huss, Wycliffe, Luther, Calvin, Knox or the Wesley brothers). Jesuit priests started and promoted the rapture theory starting in the 1500’s to take pressure off the pope and the Catholic Church which came under fire with the Protestant reformation. The theory took root in Protestantism in the 1820’s (via a book by a Jesuit priest who wrote under thea name of a converted Rabbi) and was further engrained because of a “prophecy” given by a young girl in a Londoin church in 1830. The theory was later picked up by the founder of the “Brethern” church at a meeting in Ireland and was spread even further by the Schofield Reference Bible. Through this doctrine came through the Catholic Church, Protestantism has received it openly and caused it to ignore God’s warnings for his people in these last days. Further light is needed to show this falsehood and its relation to the scripture in 1 Thessalonians that so many want to base it on. For now look at Matthew 24:37-42, and the kingdom parables of the Wheat and Tares and the Net in Matthew 13 and see who is removed from the midst of God’s true church.
3. We are either sons and daughters of God and Christ is our brother or the scripture is wrong. The church is not the bride of Christ. There just is no scriptural proof. How can this doctrine be so obviously wrong and still be endorsed by so many? I thought the disciples of Jesus are the children of the bride chamber, (Mt 9:15), then how could we be the bride? There is a bride, but it is not the church.
4. The man of sin has not been revealed, (2 Thess 2:2-3), and the times of restitution of all things is not completed, (Acts 3:20-21). So then, Jesus is not coming tonight. Our redemption though, is close at hand as the one world government headed by the anti-Christ gets closer and closer. [see SATAN’S FOLLY,Feb ’09, posted on this blog]
5. From scripture it can be shown that Jesus birth was in the fall of the year. Nowhere does it say we are to celebrate the birth of Christ. It’s his death and resurrection we are told to partake of and to remember. Christmas is not Jesus birthday. It is not scriptural. Christmas was a pagan time to celebrate the birth of Tammuz, (Ezk 8:14), by his mother Semiramis, the widow of Nimrod (Gen 10:8). Semiramis said Tammuz was the rebirth of Nimrod and that he was the sun -god and her god-child, which made her the queen of heaven. Tied into this is the pagan celebration of the winter solstice. This is from the time of the Tower of Babel. Also we are told specifically, (Jer 10:1-5), not to learn the “way of the heathen” and bring a tree into our house and decorate it with silver and gold. These traditions and doctrines all come from pagan religion.
6. Jesus was in the tomb after his death for 3 days and 3 nights according to his own words in Matthew 12:40. This is the sign that Jesus gave that he is the Messiah. Jesus was not crucified of a Friday and raised on a Sunday or he is not the Messiah. Easter is the time of the pagan celebration of the Spring solstice and of Astarte, a pagan god.
7. God gave us the Ten Commandments to be obeyed and to show us our sins. The commandments are not to be treated lightly as many do, for sin is the transgression of this law (1 Jn 3:4). Making and bowing down to graven images, then, is sin and should not be done. It’s such an obvious breaking of one of the Ten Commandments, (Ex 20:4), and yet so effortlessly passed over, and millions are taught to do this by church doctrine.
8. God is holy and without holiness in our lives we will not see God (Heb 12:14). Look at all the “scandals” going on in the Protestant and Catholic churches. Homosexuals and sexual perverts are not Christian. There is no way a person involved in any of this gross “sexual misconduct” is Christian. (Any condoning of these actions in any way aren’t Christian either) There are too many scriptures to mention.
9. God says he hates the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which is the seperation of clergy and laity (Rev 2:6,15). Any person who puts themselves above the scriptures and God’s justified people from Pope to Sunday School teacher is wrong. Jesus said in Matthew 23:8-10, “But be not called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and ye are all brethern. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.” Calling any man “reverend ” is also wrong, look at Psalms 119:9, ‘…holy and reverend is his name”, speaking of God, not man. The same would hold true for Pope, Excellency, Eminence, etc. “Why callest thou me good,” Jesus said, “none is good, save one, that is God.” (Lk 18:19)
10. There is no place in God’s word that he ever gives a license to sin. Mardi Gras and it’s associated Lent are against the ways of God. This doctrine is propagated by an unscriptrual and ungodly system by ungodly men.
11. We are admonished in Revelation 2:9 and 3:9 to know those who falsely call themselves Jews. The doctrine of calling people Jews and God’s chosen people without knowing who are true Jews has fill Christianity. Any person who is not of the Israel tribes of Judah and Benjamin is not a Jew by nationality. About 90% of Judaism today are not Jews or even of Israel, but are usurpers of the name of God’s people, Israel. We are admonished in Titus 1:14, “Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.”
12. The New Testament supersedes the Old Testament is a doctrine that many hold. The New Testament in the blood of Christ does supersede the Old Testament blood of animals for the sacrifice for sin. This is clearly shown in Hebrews chapters 7 through 10. All other Old Testament laws, statues, commandments, precepts and ordinances of God were not done away with. Jesus said he came to fulfill the law, not destroy it (Mt 5:17). [God created the pig, yet he says not to eat it (Lev 11:7, Dt 14:8). Why, because he wants to hurt pig farmers? Or because he wants to lord it over us with arbitrary rules? Or is it that since he created, it he knows what’s in pork and knows it’s not good for us to eat. God said to not eat many of his creations because he loves us and wants what is best for his creation, man. This is Old Testament law but it’s still relevant for us today.]
There are so many more false doctrines intermingled in Christianity. Knowing the scripture is the key to truth that makes us free from the hypocrisy of these false teachings. Jesus warned us against those that would use ignorance of the scriptures to propagate their hypocrisies. Of the Saddusees’ doctrine that there is no resurrection he said they do err, not knowing the scripture (Mt 22:23, 29). Of the Scribes and Pharasees he said, “…Hypocrites! For ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.” (Mt 23:13) He called their doctrine ‘leaven’ (Mt 16:6). In Luke 12:1 he said, “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.” Paul tells us that, “A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.” (Gal 5:9) Again he says, “Purge out the old leaven…” (1 Cor 5:6).
We can’t change the word of God to fit our own traditions or to justify our own lusts. God’s word is forever settled in the heavens,(Ps 119:89). Jesus rebuked the Pharisees saying they made, “…the word of God to none effect through your tradition…” (Mk 7:13). “Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.” (2 Jn :9)
[See immortalityroad.wordpress.com for more enlightenment on false doctrines.]